The Tropicsurf® Company Purpose centers on CARING
- Caring for your skin
- Caring for our planet’s fragile oceans, reefs, and beaches
- Caring for our local communities. “5% for the people”
Tropicsurf® Suncare is unique in that it has a range of products to protect, cleanse and replenish your skin during and after a day on the water.
- Tropicsurf® sunscreens contain the minerals zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which reflect the sun's damaging ultraviolet (UV) rays. Since the minerals aren't absorbed, they're safe and gentle, even on sensitive skin, but strong enough for the most extreme activities.
- An independent lab tested our formulation against both the US FDA 80 minutes water resistance standard and Australia’s 4-hour water resistant standard. It passed both tests!
- And you'll be happy to know that Tropicsurf® Sunscreens are not slippery or greasy, which is important for Surfing, Water Polo, Rowing and other extreme sports requiring squeaky-clean hands.
- Our specially formulated, Coconut Jasmine Facial Cleanser and Mango Vanilla body wash are perfect for removing sunscreen, salt and sand. And Tropicsurf® body lotion with coconut, lemongrass and aloe provides the ultimate finishing touch.
Tropicsurf® products are composed of natural ingredients from around the globe.
The active ingredients in our sunscreens are mineral based, not chemical, so you can be assured that they are naturally safe for you, the ocean, marine life and reefs.
We use non-nano zinc oxide. It sits on top of the skin, without leaving a filmy residue, and creates a physical barrier that both reflects UV rays away from the skin and effectively blocks UVA and UVB rays. It does not absorb into living skin cells, produce skin sensitivities or rashes, or initiate the creation of free radicals or hormone disruptors.
Other nourishing and smoothing ingredients in our products include Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Baobab Seed Oil and Vitamin E.
According to the FDA, an adult wearing only shorts must use one full ounce of sunscreen (golfball size, or about 3 Tablespoons) per application to cover their body properly.
Approximately a teaspoon size amount is needed to adequately protect the face, ears and neck.
Using less than the correct amount drastically reduces the sunscreen’s ability to protect the skin and the SPF claim will not be met.
Tropicsurf® Sunscreen is an eco-friendly sunscreen, containing minerals zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as it's active ingredients, which break down more readily in nature.
Recent studies have shown that some ingredients in other chemical-based sunscreens can awaken viruses that kill coral's food supply—and ultimately the reefs themselves and the animals that live there. The common ingredients that are most damaging include oxybenzone and octinoxate.
Tropicsurf® works with your local club or organization to create a customized affinity program and Tropicsurf® donates a portion of the sales back. Please use the Contact Us form and we'll get back with you with details.
No Hassles Return Policy. If for any reason you do not like the product purchased you have 30 days to return, just simply send the product back for a full refund. Your refund will be processed based on your original form of payment.
Please include your name, address, reason for return, order number and return product to: Tropicsurf® Returns | Dept 400 | 7850 Ruffner Ave Van Nuys CA 91406
Tropicsurf ships to the 48 continguous states for a flat $6 fee. Alaska and Hawaii receive a $10 surcharge. At this time we do not ship outside the U.S.
Please fill out the form in the Contact Us tab and we will get back with you ASAP or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org